👍👍 My mum told me about Keto after giving it a go herself ✅ … I could feel the burn by day two ⬇️, and by the second week my pants were baggy.. I haven’t felt better! 💚
But I digress – let’s move on to this omelette recipe shall we? It’s not only pleasantly briny from the cured Sopressata, it’s also sweet from the summer-ripe tomatoes and pungent from the fresh basil – and SO PERFECTLY MELTY from the mozzarella cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 thin slices deli Sopressata (you can sub in salami or prosciutto if that’s what you have)
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 5 thin slices fresh, ripe tomato
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the eggs and water in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick saute pan over low to medium heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 30 seconds.
- Spread the meat slices on one half of the egg mixture. Top with the cheese, tomatoes, and basil slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until the empty half of the egg mixture is firm enough to fold over the ingredients. Use a spatula to gently fold the omelette in half.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for another minute or two or until the omelette is cooked through and there is no raw egg left in the middle.
- To remove, tilt the pan and slide the omelette gently out onto a plate.